Tuesday 13 March 2012

Glossybox - Harrods (March) edition

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures because I lost my camera charger and a new one is in the post which mega sucks but it'll be back in full working order in no time. 

  So my first box, the limited Harrods edition, excited me greatly. Reading all the reviews I could not wait and I'm a huge lippy fan and the Burberry lipstick would have been perfect for me. I didn't get the lipstick. However, I did get an awesome selection. 
  My box included Valentina de Valentino scent (full review below), Clarins extra-firming body cream 30ml, Molton Brown vitalising vitamin AB+C bath and shower, SK-II skin signature moisturising cream, Lacome hypnose drama mascara and Shu Uemura cleansing beauty oil.    
 My favourites of the box and the ones that I'm really inclined to buy are the Valentino scent and Lancome mascara. The mascara is perfect for my eyelashes - I find it so hard to get a good mascara. It has a nice even coverage and helps to give my poker straight lashes a little perk whereas most mascaras I buy I have to do coat after coat until it looks like I have spider's legs for lashes! 
  The thing that least impressed me was the moisturing cream. I'm quite picky when it comes to moisturisers and usually find that the £1.50 nivea cream from my local chemist does the trick. For having a rrp of around £127 SK-II have failed to give the moisturiser any character - it smells like a simple skin irritant cream. Although it has a soft effect, I don't notice much of a difference to the Nivea therefore I will not be recommeding it. The Molton Brown shower gel is soooo luxurious and feels so great on my skin and is a definite must have in the bathroom. 
  I've not had a chance to try the cleansing oil yet as I'm waiting for an ideal oppurtunity. I'm a little pessimistic as I've never really used oil products on my face before. 
  For it being my first box, I'm overly impressed and I will definitely be getting next months one so stay tuned. 

     Practicality - 5/5
Quality - 4/5
     Desirability - 4/5
      Presentation - 5/5
 Info/help - 5/5
   Quantitiy - 3/5 

Do you get Glossybox?
What did you get?
What did you think of the Harrods edition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers